The People Alliance are pleased to be working with a key client in Stockton in their search for a Spares and Services Commercial Consultant. This challenging technical sales role assumes responsibility for the day to day operations of Spares and Services which encompasses spares/replacement parts Sales, Site Services Sales and management of the orders through the company to delivery/execution and payment.
The appointed candidate must be commercially aware, systems oriented, with the ability to communicate courteously with customers by telephone, email, letter and face to face to resolve issues and provide advice, ensuring that the needs of customers are being satisfied.
The appointed person will be responsible to the Spares & Services Manager and Commercial Director and is expected to work closely with each of the company’s Directors, Managers and Team Leaders in order to deliver exceptional levels of sales and customer service to the Company’s domestic and international customer base.
Job description / expectations
The commercial consultant is expected to;
- Ensure all customer enquiries are responded to accurately and in a timely manner, with professional and technically sound communications at all times.
- Identify correct spare and/or replacement parts and advise on best method of shipping.
- Achieve business plan targets for spares sales turnover and profit margin.
- Handle spares and replacement parts orders received. Liaising with the Project Manager, plan and schedule the execution and delivery of spare parts orders.
- Liaise with the procurement department to ensure all purchasing activities are done in the scheduled time and the required documents are collated effectively.
- Assist with the chasing of late payments.
- Work alongside the commercial team to ensure continued improvement of systems and procedures.
- Remain informed of the status of all orders working with all other departments internally to understand and improve our delivery performance and customer satisfaction.
- Handle all services orders received. Liaise with Site Engineers to plan and schedule the execution of Site Services work, ensuring the Engineers are aware of customer requirements and the agreed scope of work.
- Organise and coordinate Engineers flights, accommodation, transfers, visas etc as per the Company’s Guidelines.
- You will also be heavily involved in supporting travelling Engineers whilst they are away on projects, liaising with the Engineers and customers throughout the duration of a project.
- Continually develop services, products and processes by use of the NCR System.
- Work flexibly and efficiently in order to meet internal and external customer needs, whilst maintaining the highest possible professional standards.
- Ensure in-depth knowledge of the products and services offered by the company (training will be provided).
- Ensure the work is of a high-quality standard and procedures and policies are followed at all times.
- Identify and implement strategies to improve quality of service.
- Identify and implement possible areas of revenue growth within Spares and Services.
The ideal candidate will;
- Be educated to degree level (although other candidates with relevant experience will be considered)
- Have a background in engineering or business.
- Possess great attention to detail
- Proactive, energetic and driven with a personable manner
- Systems oriented approach
- Perform effectively to deadlines and within tight time-scales
- Logical thinking and creative problem-solving ability
- Understanding of budgetary control
- Good problem-solving skills
- Aptitude for learning
- Good English writing skills
The business offers a generous salary, negotiable dependent on experience, with a target driven bonus on offer.
Working Hours: Mon – Thursday 8:00 to 16:30 Friday 8:00-14:00
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00 to £28,000.00 /year
- Salary Offer £22,000 - £28,000 £22,000 - £28,000
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1