The People Alliance are currently recruiting for a Cashiering Administrator
We are currently recruiting for a Cashiering Administrator for our Wokingham team. Working within the Client Banking function, you will be responsible for the effective administering of client bank accounts, on behalf of our pensions administration clients.
Please note that we will consider flexible working arrangements for this role.
In 2019 Administration has been awarded silver level accreditation by Investors in People, the international standard for people management.
Our range of pensions administration services include:
• Scheme administration
• Scam identification
• Payroll services
• Pension scheme accounting
• De-risking projects
• Technical consultancy
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
Reporting to the Head of Client Banking, assisted by the Cashiering Supervisor and working closely with Pensions Administrators, key responsibilities will include:
• To promote and adhere to the XPS workplace values.
• Daily raising of cheques and electronic payments for pensions schemes and progressing their signature and return to administrators within set deadlines.
• Maintaining cashbooks for pension schemes using CashFac, SAGE & Aviary accounting systems.
• Liaising with scheme(s) Pensions Administrators, clients’ companies accounts departments for accounting information.
• Daily banking.
• Preparing monthly bank reconciliations.
• Preparing Income & Expenditure Reports at requested intervals.
• Ensuring accurate and prompt filing of all documentation.
• Due to the changing nature of the business,the job holder may from time to time be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within their capabilities.
Knowledge & experience
• Previous office based experience in a finance related role including payroll, book keeping, cash book and bank reconciliation, although not essential as training will be provided..
• Experienced in the handling of payment requisitions would be preferred.
• Working knowledge of an accountancy /cashiering package desirable. Previous Aviary Profund and CashFac VBTexperience would be of advantage.
• Although not a pre-requisite a working knowledge of Pensions Scheme accounting would be advantageous.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Training, education & qualification
Good general education, including GCSE Mathematics grade B or above or equivalent qualification.
Skills, abilities & personal qualities
• In addition to the necessary academic achievements, the incumbent should be able to demonstrate the following key attributes:
• Numerical accuracy.
• Able to approach problems in an analytical and systematic way.
• Able to listen and follow instructions, procedures and assimilate information quickly in a consistent and accurate manner. Seeks advice where appropriate and applies common sense.
• Displays attention to detail and the ability to transpose data accurately.
• Highly organised with the ability to plan and prioritise workloads.
• Strong customer focus approach to their work-aware of the need of quality and precision in their delivery.
• Resilient and able to work on their own initiative, operating to strict deadlines.
• Professional, flexible and pro-active manner.
• Honest and trustworthy with high level of personal and commercial integrity.
• Well-developed communication skills both orally and in writing, including a courteous telephone manner when dealing with people.
• An accurate and systematic approach to filing.
• Familiarity with office procedures and etiquette desired.
• Able to work as part of a team with enthusiasm.
We offer an attractive reward package, typical benefits can include:
• Competitive salary
• Participation in Discretionary Bonus Scheme
• 25 days holiday
• Pension Plan
• Flexible Benefits Scheme to support you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security & Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle
• Life Assurance cover
• Rewards (offers discounts and savings from retailers and services providers as well as offers available via phone)
• Interest free season ticket loan
It is a policy that an appointment is conditional on the following requirements and will be withdrawn without compensation if any of these conditions are not satisfied:
• Employment references (FIVE years)
• Employment gap verification (Greater than 1 month)
• Adverse financial history (Detailed)
• Identity verification and Right to Work confirmation
• Basic DBS Disclosure (online process through DDC)
• Retro employment checks every 2 years
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1