The People Alliance are currently recruiting for an Application Support Analyst for our Application Support team. This is a small team with a mixture of experience and knowledge across a variety of applications and toolsets, who provide support for the business applications within the Administration business.
You will be given the opportunity to work across a variety of applications, this will allow you to develop additional skills and enhance your technical knowledge in areas such as online capabilities, artificial intelligence/robots, large scale data manipulation and management reporting.
Please note that we will consider flexible working arrangements for this role.
Our range of pensions administration services include:
- Scheme administration
- Scam identification
- Payroll services
- Pension scheme accounting
- De-risking projects
- Technical consultancy
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- To promote and adhere to the workplace values.
- To provide user assistance in relation business applications including resolving service desks and participating in data processing activities.
- To assist with the ongoing maintenance of our business applications.
- To assist with the data and record management of our business applications.
- To assist in the resolution of break-fix support requests to our business applications.
- To develop solutions to work requests received from the Administration business.
- To assist with the cleansing and preparation of data for import into business applications.
- To ensure documentation is produced, regularly reviewed and updated.
- On occasion you may be asked to assist with the release of application updates outside of normal business hours.
Due to the nature of the business, the job holder may be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within their capabilities.
Knowledge & experience
- Experience in MS SQL server (particularly T-SQL scripting, stored procedure development and database design)
- Excellent skills in creating and formulating spreadsheets, and experience with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Experience in manipulating and transforming data.
- Experience of using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting (SSRS) would be an advantage.
- Experience of working within a regulated framework where the movement of data is protected and controlled would be an advantage.
- Experience of working with pension administration, payroll or electronic document management systems would be an advantage.
Training, education & qualification
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent. Candidates with strong A Level (or equivalent) qualifications who possess relevant experience will be considered.
- Microsoft certification in MS SQL (MTA / MCSA / MCSE) and MS Office (MOs) would be an advantage
Skills, abilities & personal qualities
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility for your own work.
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team, working with and sharing knowledge with colleagues.
- Willingness to learn, both new applications and grow technical knowledge.
- Ability to multi-task and respond to changing priorities.
- Able to follow instructions, procedures and assimilate information quickly in a consistent manner.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is required to perform their duties both numerical and written.
- Strong ability to manipulate and analyse data.
- Effective interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and build long term working relationships at all levels.
- Strong belief in adhering to deadlines and quality service.
- Good oral and written communication skills, ability to present technical matters to potential non-technical users.
- Enthusiastic, positive and flexible approach to work.
- An active listener.
- Able to recognise the need for a customer focused approach to their delivery both in terms of quality and exceeding customer expectations.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Flexible approach to work pressures.
- Tact and sensitivity in handling confidential information.
We offer an attractive reward package, typical benefits can include:
- Competitive salary
- Participation in Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme to support you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security & Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle
- Life Assurance cover
- Rewards (offers discounts and savings from retailers and services providers as well as offers available via phone)
- Interest free season ticket loan
It is a policy that an appointment is conditional on the following requirements and will be withdrawn without compensation if any of these conditions are not satisfied:
- Employment references (FIVE years)
- Employment gap verification (Greater than 1 month)
- Adverse financial history (Detailed)
- Identity verification and Right to Work confirmation
- Basic DBS Disclosure (online process through DDC)
- Retro employment checks every 2 years
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1