The People Alliance are pleased to be working exclusively with multi-award winning key client for multiple roles across the North East and Yorkshire.
Due to business growth they have a number of opportunities and are looking for the right persons’ to join their team;
· Diagnose and repair electrical problems on domestic electrical systems, including fault finding, and rewiring;
· Undertake jobs as directed on company subscribed software;
· Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools;
· Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem;
· Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components;
· Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes;
· Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous; and;
· Work from ladders and or access equipment to install, maintain, repair or inspect electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
· Assess the parts needed for a job and place orders for those parts;
· Conduct routine maintenance and testing on commercial and domestic electrical systems, and ensure installations are to manufacturer standards, including in fire alarms and security systems;
· Rewire faulty electrical systems, such as lighting, heating systems, and alarms;
· Ensure good quality workmanship which upholds company standards, complies with building regulations, and follows safety requirements;
· Work alone to find and present faults and concerns in electrical systems without receiving explicit direction;
· Provide exceptional customer service and answer any customer questions;
· Install electrical systems to current edition wiring regulations, including installing heating and cooling systems;
· Provide professional assessments and advice for customers;
· Possess working knowledge of lighting systems (including emergency lighting);
Qualifications and Skills
Skills / Qualifications / Experience Required
· Fully qualified electrician with 3 years post qualification experience.
· Domestic Electrical fault finding with demonstrable evidence (critical)
· 18th Edition (essential)
· UKATA Cat B Asbestos (strongly desirable)
· Hold of willing to do a DBS Check (essential)
· Experience in fire alarm systems advantageous.
· Electrical testing and inspection qualifications (strongly desirable)
· Previous work experience within social housing advantageous.
· You should have a good understanding of IT including using smart phones and tablets.
· An excellent command of the English language is essential.
· As the role involves substantial travel you will need a valid Full UK driving licence to include driving manual vans.
- Salary Offer $20.000 ~ $50.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1